quarta-feira, 7 de agosto de 2013

Death, greatness and immortality !

Some people may argue that the stars and the heavens above are the ultimate quest for mankind, I couldn't disagree more !
Nothing haunts the soul of a man greater than its own life, or the end of it, what lays there, after that last breath, after the spark in your eyes ceases to exist.
I have dedicated some time pondering such question, mainly due to have been so close to death so many times, and, like any other man, I to this day have reached no conclusion, it is a one way trip and it is not yet my time to take it. Thus I can only think on how shall I go on this last journey, most people want it to be in their sleep, but I think that such departure is very much unworthy of a person, no great man has ever died silently, so why should I ?

But you may be asking yourselves, what makes a man great ?
That, my dear readers, is in my opinion the easiest task ever, look around you it is as simple as that !

The one single man that in my life has proven that someone is great just by looking around himself was my grandfather, he had that kind of aura that only some people have, he was a fire-fighter all is life since he was 11 until is death, got to be chief, lead men and women to fight fires, risked his own life several times, and was distinguished for it, got  streets named after him, and while doing this he was also a welder and a nurse, and refused to be the goalkeeper of a major football club when he was younger so he could dedicate himself to save other peoples life's , and this is what makes a man great, not the medals, or the streets with your name, its the admiration of others and the memories that will always be on the people that where touched by such persons, this my friends is immortality itself !

And this is what I want the most, a glorious death and immortality , what comes after is meaningless compared to how you obtain such things !

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário